Friday, September 14, 2007

Tag Along



Okay, so Ted tagged me. And I am finally coming along and doing my part. Well sort of. As most readers know by now, no tag appears here in its original state. That's just how it is. Call me the blog owner or something.


Q1. Are you happy/ satisfied with your blog, with its content and look? Yes. No. Maybe. Sometimes. I'll think about it.

Q2. Does your family know about your blog? You mean some people try to keep them secret? Has anyone told them it's the World-Wide Web?

Q3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or do you just consider it as a private thing? It seems there's an echo in here (see Q2).

Q4. Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts? I celebrate Sabbath differently now because of conversations in the blogosphere. So, yes.

Q5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself? Natural-born explorer here.

Q6. What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog? It means the place where you get cool brochures, maybe a cookie and a free cup of tea. Maybe I should put one in, next to the living room.

Q7. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures? All my pictures are real. They just aren't of me.

Q8. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging? A benefit for blogging. Hmmm.... I think I'll just let that grammar stand and go on to question 9.

Q9. Do you think that the bloggers’ society is isolated from the real world or interacts with events? That depends on whether or not you think Mark Goodyear is real. (I think he might be, since I met him and his wife in NYC after he came to my blog and said he likes hamburgers.)

Q10. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing? If I say yes, does that answer the question?

Q11. Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them? No. Yes. Just because.

Q12. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers? It is true. Some bloggers are very arresting. These are my favorite kind. It does not shock me to know this.

Q13. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die? Did I think about it? Like when I reworked my will? (Oh, wait a minute, I still need to do that.)

Q14. What do you like to hear? What’s the song you might like to put a link to, in your blog? Crickets. I'm listening to them right now. And it is the most beautiful sound in the world... drifting through my window.


Psychedelic Fan photo, by Sonia.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

L.L., Thanks for playing the game. Interesting. :)

When is your book coming out; do you know yet?

3:15 AM  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

By the way, nice photo by Sonia. How did she do that? Does remind me of that time.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

LL--that was SO GREAT. It appealed delightfully to my inner over-fastidious editor. I mean, MINE. I'm not saying you have one. Or anything . . . (oh rats).

10:37 AM  
Blogger Christine A. Scheller said...

L.L.

Don't bother tagging me, because I'm copying all your answers!

What fun. Thanks to you Ted.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

L.L., your meme answers are always the most fun. And Sonia's picture is gorgeous.

10:25 PM  
Blogger 23 degrees said...

Love the visitor counter comment!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You're a big fan of either/or questions, huh? (And not in the Kierkegaardian sense)
Do bloggers get arrested for blogging?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Stunning photo. Almost hypnotic!

Oh, I'm standing here with 23 Degrees at the visitors' counter sipping Darjeeling. Please pass the sugar.

11:21 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Ted... thanks for asking! I do like games, though I can be a little mischievous. My book is releasing in March 2008. Wow, seems like it's really just around the corner! As for Sonia, I don't know how she does what she does. That's part of the charm.

Jenn... yes, I guess I felt a bit editor-ish on this one. Even so, I held my tongue quite a lot.

Christine... plagiarism is encouraged in such cases.

Miriam... thanks. It just seems like the thing to do.

23 Degrees... welcome back! I've missed you. So glad you stopped by for tea and cookies.

Heather... Maybe I am. Or maybe not. ;-)

Craver... no cookies? Is this part of your plan to go healthy? (I know you've been biting, I mean biking lately.)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sorry, I just hate these tag things. You feel so obligated to reply and sometimes I just don't want to...rebellious spirit and all that...I guess one does reveal something about themselves no matter how they respond, but it's so tempting to be more abrupt, sarcastic and humorous than I really am!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Real Live Preacher said...

There are some things I like about blogs. 1. They don't have any rules, so yours is whatever you want it to be. 2. It takes work to find the good stuff. "So what!" I say to the traditional media. "Like your stuff doesn't require the same work?" 3. Relationships. You met Mark and so have I. Along with a good number of pilgrims along the way.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Yup. Like RLP, I tweak the rules to suit my own vision.

Cookies? Earthaxis dude said they were already g... HEYYYY!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

Nicely done!! Someone I tagged (besides Ted) wanted to know if she had to use the questions "as written". I'm going to copy your first paragraph and leave it for her!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

There is a comedienne hiding in the Closet of Sarcasm over here.

Do people really concern themselves over what will happen to their blog after they die?? Can I will mine to someone?

12:59 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Kim, Erin, Craver... oh, sorry for the mood. Yes, a bit sarcastic I suppose. See what bad grammar does to my constitution? Or, maybe it was too many cooki...

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home