Increasing Blog Traffic Through Zimbio
In my quest to increase blog traffic (so I can tell writers at Mount Hermon how to increase their blog traffic) I've come upon another thing worth talking about. And that is Zimbio.
Zimbio is a wikizine site. It offers an absolutely simple way to have an e-zine without all the work involved in creating one of your own. (Though you can quickly create your own as well in Zimbio).
Here's how it works. You register at Zimbio. Then you can begin "publishing" your old blog posts or writing new articles in any number of existing e-zines. The e-zines have multiple contributors, which is why they are technically wiki-zines, so you don't have to work so hard to publish enough things to have an active e-zine.
It's worth doing this for a number of reasons:
1. you can re-use valuable content that has been buried over time in your blog. In this way, you "bring it to the top" in a new place, where people can see your work.
2. you automatically get links to your blog, potentially bringing people over from the e-zine to your bloggy doorstep
3. the links you get at Zimbio are more links to YOU at your blog, thus raising your Google rank (which means that Google will also show up at your bloggy doorstep more often too... and I can testify that this is happening here at Seedlings)
4. according to some blogging forecasters, things like the e-zines at Zimbio that are based on focused content, will ultimately be the most powerful ways that bloggers get noticed on the web
So there you have it. Between this post and the last post, I've mentioned several things you can do to increase your blog traffic. Here would be my recommendations as to where you might go from here, in this order, at least for now...
1. Socialize your blog and your posts
2. Register at Zimbio and re-publish some older posts.
3. Join Squidoo only if you have some very specific interests which would be easy to develop a quick page about. Like the way it was natural for me to do Writing Like Annie Dillard.
Oh, then just be yourself like you're used to doing. 'Cause despite your traffic, you know we really like you.
Stone Bridge at Rockefeller Park photo by J Barkat. Used with permission.