Monday, December 13, 2010

On, In, and Around Mondays: The Naughty Camera

earring man

It was the end of the evening. I had changed out of my black dress, put my sparkly necklace beneath a gray sweater and coat, taken off my faux diamond ring (which had looked so beautiful, in any case).


LL cinderella

I felt a little like Cinderella after midnight. Except I had my camera. And I don't remember Cindy having one of those.


single santa

There were other fairytales coming to an end. People going home. I was surprised at how many Santas boarded the train. I was surprised at how the conductor yelled at me when she saw I'd taken a picture of the outside of the train. And how she cringed and batted her arm sideways when I tried to apologize and say, "It's okay."

My camera is a naughty camera. It has a hard time letting go, even when eyes flash anger. My camera doesn't give up easily. I got on the train and it took another picture. People in Santa hats, not willing to let the fairytale end before dawn.

three red hats

---

On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button




This post is offered for TheHighCalling's PhotoPlay.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

Oh my! "Passage" and "Waiting Room" in the same image--seems like we are all waiting for a birth together, aye?

L.L., where had you been? And why did you disrobe before boarding the train? Don't they let girls in dresses ride trains in the big city? ;-)

Blessings.

10:40 AM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

Ah, thanks for adding Cindy to the post. What fun!

Blessings.

Think I'll add my poetry post here too, seems fitting, but not quite like a little black dress!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love your little black dress :). Sounds like the jewelry was just the right touch, Cinderella :). And what was up with the train driver? I'm glad your camera didn't let that stop the capturing of those santa hats! I think some little elves must have been involved.

This seems a bit surreal and kind of adds to my holiday spirit. Jingle bells!

12:33 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Thanks for the compliments on the dress. :)

It was actually a full-length satin skirted dress with a secret duct-tape patch put on the inside last minute, when my husband was ironing the dress and discovered it had a slash in it! Lol. What duct tape can't do. :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh... I would not have been able to get my camera back out after the strange confrontation. you are good and naughty. I'm still quite the shy photo taker.

being Cindy for a short time is enchanting though isn't it. I love a good ball now and then.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOL, L,L.! (that's a lot of L's).

Your husband is some handy man to have around. Wait until I tell Cheryl. Who needs a sewing machine?

1:18 PM  
Blogger S. Etole said...

what a delightful sequel to the ball ...

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

I love it. I'm nervous about snapping other people. I don't want to get snapped at. ;)

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Tim said...

nice story and pictures to match

5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

L.L., I love the dress too...and the naughty camera...mine was naughty tonight taking a picture of my daughter with mashed potatoes mashing in her hands when I should have been cleaning her up before they got into her eyes...bad Mommy:/

I'm sorry, I think I messed up the 'in and around' and I already submitted my link. Mine is wistful and describes many Christmases, each one a place in time and literal place...I think you meant 'right now' place? apologies please

9:01 PM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

I love your black dress and the Santa hats and the train and the conductor and everything about this post.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Misha said...

Oh I love this post! And I especially love that last photo - it is sheer fun!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

pretty!! I love your dress!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wondering where the ball was?

a white whirl of fury gusts outside glass.

door cannot open.

inward i turn.

lonely nostalgia,companion.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home