Thursday, July 05, 2012

Somebody Parked Me in Ancient Israel

Everyday Matters Bible

Sure, yeah. I'm in here. I hear it's not just because I'm a woman either ;-)

Everyday Matters Bible LL Barkat

It kind of makes me smile to see the parts where somebody put in words for me. Not quite my voice or my thoughts. But hey, you can't be fussy when you're double parked in Exodus. Too much else to think about.

[UPDATE: I've received some questions via various social media channels, about the use of my work in this Bible, and whether or not I gave permission and so forth. As is standard with many publishing outlets, my contract with Christianity Today granted them permission to re-use the work for later projects, should they ever have need. They did, and that's perfectly within their rights. The question of editing is a fascinating one, but let it be said that all editors do *edit* for their particular needs. Variation exists in whether that editing is passed by the writer. Even with me, in my own job as Managing Editor. :)]

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

You're a better person than I am. I wouldn't be able to cope with something like that. But I'm glad you are happy :-)

6:05 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

oh, I don't know about that, Sarah. I said something about it, didn't I? :)

I think it's actually pretty important to preserve one's voice.

And yours? So distinctive. I think it would be obvious in your case too :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger TUC said...

Holy Moley, are you rewriting the Bible now? Can I help ;-) ?

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home