Thursday, August 10, 2006

Blogession

Blogession. A derivative of "confession" and "obsession."

I confess that I started this blog because a publishing person I trust quite a lot said I should. "We ask all our authors to start blogs," she said.

I'm an author. I trust her. So, I was pretty compliant. I started blogging.

Truth is, blogging has already turned out to be like having kids because your mother-in-law raises her eyebrows every Sunday... with that "well, anything yet?" look on her face.

Here's what I mean. You may conceive a blog for reasons outside of blog obsession— you know, because somebody tells you it's the "thing to do." But, then you rock it and sing to it and kiss it on the forehead... and soon you find that it wakes you up with cries and giggles and the pitter patter of little feet. Life will never be the same. (Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic here, but you get the idea.)

Anyway, that's why I posted Urban Angel (above). Because, I'll miss shaking the sleep out of my eyes over breakfast and blogging. I'll miss you, even though I only know who some of you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home