Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Learning to Walk


When I first left a life of fields and forests, dirt roads and mailmen who arrived only by jeep...this is how I felt.

For years, the crowd of buildings, the insistent car horns, and faces everywhere—so many faces—pushed me to the ground. I fumbled past sidewalks, tripped over myself trying to find a way to stand.

Even after all these years of urban life, there are still days when my heart tangles up in longing for a great space...an elusive country peace.

"Learning to Walk" woodcut by Rebecca Brame

3 Comments:

Blogger Inihtar said...

For the first time in my life, I fell in love with a place four years ago. And now I've left it, and the longing to return never ceases!

Great blog, and great writing!

10:46 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Thanks, inihtar. What place is that, of all the wonderful (I checked out your profile) places you've lived?

Also, I wanted to comment on your blog... but, not being a team member, was blocked. Might your group consider opening up the field?

To the "Unpaid Internship" post, here's what I wanted to say...

"Very interesting...

So, where might one place blogging...an unpaid journalistic internship in the vague corporation of the blogosphere?"

Happy travels... thanks for dropping in.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Inihtar said...

That place would be London (somewhat disappointing, huh? -- except that London as a touristy place is very different from London as home).

And the blog you tried to comment on is not really mine -- in theory, I'm a contributor, but I hardly post to it. And I don't have much say on opening it up or not. Sorry:(

But I do have two other blogs -- one of which you've already commented on:) nichola24.blogspot.com. I made the other one private, hence was invisible, but have made it public again (I am a very decisive individual :)).

And blogging -- I think you've hit the nail on the head, although, for a lucky few, it might turn out to be a very lucrative paid internship!!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home