Thursday, March 05, 2009

Searching for Blog Traffic (and finding it)

Petals

Okay, so this week's writing project was Searching for Grace and somehow I got my wires crossed and wrote about Searching for Blog Traffic (and finding it). Oops.

Blame it on a confluence of events, like Scott Calgaro introducing me to a new addiction which may just increase my blog traffic while helping me clean house (hey there, husband-in-Vienna, if you are reading this you'll be happy to know I cleaned the whole... [you gotta come home if you wanna to know]).

Speaking of addictions (of the happiest sort... like having chocolate and tea every day at 4:00, but this addiction increases blog traffic instead of endorphins), I also found Zemanta. Oh. Wow. Besides making blog posting simple and powerful (it brings up picture options, tag suggestions, related article options and live-link options all right on your blog compose screen) and giving you the power to reblog articles and posts at the push of a button, it also puts your posts in the blogosphere link-love mix. By which I mean, your posts end up in other people's related-articles options (I've already been getting some nice referral traffic this way).

Anyway, these blog-traffic-increasing addictions collided with a week of watching Laura's Stone Crossings Giveaway process and working on Chapter 8 of my next little baby (little being the operative word at the moment, but I'm making progress). Which all added up to the absence of my own personal Searching for Grace poem. I'm thinking ya'll will grant me a bit of grace, while I grant you links here and at High Calling Blogs.

RELATED:
Goodwordediting's Demonstrating Zemanta Reblog of Seedlings in Stone

Grace in the Petals photo by Sara. Used with permission.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tea time at 4:00 sound very nice.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Argh! I forgot to write one, too! And it's even on my list. Sheesh...cool to find more traffic, though...this is something that shouldn't be missed.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Billy Coffey said...

Wow, Zemanta looks good.

You don't charge a finder's fees, do you?

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, lots to browse here, definitely have to check out blip and zemanta! I loved the idea for Searching for Grace but this week I was left without a creative writing ounce in my body sadly... I'm excited to read the contributions as I love the theme 'Grace' and Laura's was beautifully touching and relevant.

12:58 PM  
Blogger TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog and also to your book on Amazon in my blog today.

I can't wait for Cricket (Tess) to get your book she won from Laura's Wellblog contest.

Tessa works at the insurance agency that my husband and I own. She's like my spiritual daughter so I think it's only fitting if she let's her "mom" read the book first!

Seriously, when I read just an excerpt, I felt an aching connection. You've known the pain filled childhood as well.

Blessings and prayers..keep writing for all of us,
Teri

2:08 PM  
Blogger sojourner said...

WOW! My head is spinning - slow down girl! Peace & Grace to you :0)

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Zemanta tip.
-Sam

10:57 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm checking out your new addictions! Ashamed to say that I prefer simple to more gadgets...mostly due to my lack...but it's fun to investigate!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

varooommmmmmmm...beep beep beeeeeeeep. woah! hey l.l. ! just driving by to say howdy, but, with all the traffic here...beeep beeep....ok, i'm moving lady, hold the phone, well better get going. what is going on over here? so much traffic? oh hey, there is a parking space...vroommmm...ugh, some guy in a sporty car got it first.

;-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Cahleen @ The Alt Story said...

Thanks for the Zemanta tip! I was always afraid to put pictures on my posts because I didn't want to violate any copy writes, but apparently Zemanta takes care of that. Also, thank you for welcoming me to High Calling Blogs. I'm looking forward to future group writing projects!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home