Sunday, July 22, 2012

On, In, and Around Mondays: Seeing What's Already There

Found

Down by the river, I open Think and Grow Rich. Not to become rich, necessarily, but to consider the role of thought in the "richness" of life.

I love what Hill says. Our thinking transmutes into physical reality.

Somehow this sets me to looking around at what's already here near the river. I find a stone, sparkling in the sun, and note that the same stone goes blank in the shade. What if you and I are a sparkly stone? What if we decide it's time to understand that we need to be in the sun, to bring that into view? What if we aim all our thoughts in that direction—towards sunshine? What might change?

It's a warm day. I look down at my shoes. Aren't I near a river? What if I thought a little harder about what that means, about what kind of opportunity is ebbing and flowing not ten feet away?

Maybe my thoughts lead me to take off my shoes and enjoy the coolness of river air.

Hiking Shoes

It's still a warm day. The river is still ebbing and flowing. Have I considered this yet? Truly considered it? If so, maybe I remove my socks. The cool river air is now touching my skin.

Well? What about the water? Have I thought about that?


Socks

If I think about the water, I suddenly understand what I need to do. And within moments, my thought transmutes into physical reality. I am touching the water. It is touching me.

Hill is right. Our thoughts transmute into physical reality. It's time I open my eyes to see.


Dipping In

______

On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button



This post is also shared with Laura Boggess, for...



13 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Interesting thoughts, beautifully told as always :-)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Shaunie @ Up the Sunbeam said...

I am learning so much right now about how our thinking affects everything, even what our brains do! I love when the same message keeps popping up in different places! Thanks for the trip to the river, Laura!

11:03 PM  
Blogger HeARTworks said...

What we say also affects our future I think! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

3:20 AM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

Powerful thoughts unfolding with ease.

Thank you for sharing them!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous kendal said...

i love these river pieces....

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation said...

For some reason, I want to go stick my toes into some cool, clear running water! :) Great post!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kristin Bridgman said...

I liked this. It reminds me of my time at the pond God led me too...the one that began my journey into blogging. . .because He opened my eyes through the surroundings of that pond and spoke to a hurting heart and healed that heart and out of all that began the writing.
Thank you for your linkup party :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Laurie Collett said...

Our thoughts become our words; our words become actions; our actions become habits; and our habits become our character. May we think only on what is beautiful, pure, holy and pleasing to God. Thanks for the great post and for hosting the linkup, & God bless,
Laurie

1:34 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Love the connection between thinking and doing. Another good reason to fix our minds on things above!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Yes indeed.

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The things that we DO are the EVIDENCE of the things that we BELIEVE.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

You led me right into that water!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

This is something I think of often - how much my thought affect my life. It keeps me motivated to keep my thoughts positive and constructive.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home