Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Charity for Charity

Ivy Up Close

I like this photo of the ivy, up close. We feel differently when we lean in, look at the details, breathe within the same space as another living thing.

Tonight, I'm thinking we have a special chance to lean into the space of a friend. Just to be with her, through our gifts. See, I asked a simple question over on Charity's blog. I asked if she is missing work due to the chemotherapy treatments, and therefore missing pay. She graciously told me yes. A friend of hers who I've been in contact with behind the scenes also emailed me when she saw the comment. Here's what she said...

"We have taken action and set up the following... The account is called the Charity Singleton Fund at Forum Credit Union. The account # is 2010792. Donations can be mailed to PO Box 50738, Indianapolis, IN 46250-0738. Questions can be directed to Forum at 800.382.5414."

I did not ask Charity if we could come in close like this. I know her too well. So I'm just telling you. And trusting that in her sleepiness she'll forgive me for caring and for leaning in, and for letting you know how you can too, if you happen to feel compelled.

(Oh, and if you have more gifts of words, I know she's needing those right now too. Remember, I'll link your posts into the Lament post "scrapbook" if you share in this way.)


Ivy Up Close photo, by L.L. Barkat.

RELATED POST:

Carl's Take 10 For Charity
LL's Charity Among the Thorns (updates, for prayer)
LL's Lament:
a "virtual scrapbook" of love and support

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Llama Momma said...

Thank you for taking the initiative on this!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Craver Vii said...

Good thoughts. So glad you "leaned in" and asked the question.

1:21 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Llama... you're welcome. Some people had asked about how they could help, behind the scenes, so I thought to make make the needs public.

Craver... yes, that's it. Sometimes we need to ask the questions. Glad you wanted to hear the answer.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Amen to that, L.L.! Great and wonderful idea, and I'm glad you dug in to find this out.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LL -- I just found this -- obviously I have been a little out of the loop lately. Thank you my friend for always being such a gracious supporter of me in all ways. God is good to the broken hearted.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

missed this while out of town - thanks for posting it.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home