Thursday, October 07, 2010

Come to the Twitter Pie Party

Pie book

Finally.

After months of planning, hard work, hoping, designing. It's time.

To celebrate!

The new HighCalling.org is here, and it seems a little pie is in order.

So on Tuesday, October 12, at 9:30-10:30 p.m. EST, we'll be having a Twitter party to celebrate. (Follow us at @thehighcalling. The hashtag will be #goodwork and the location is http://tweetchat.com/room/goodwork)

We'll spend some time getting to know each other, chatting about blogging and other stuff. Altogether, it should be a lot of fun.

Bring your pie (bought or homemade) to the party, and a favorite hot drink, and tweet it so we can enjoy. If you want to do a whole celebratory pie post on your blog and add your link below, you can do that too.

I'm hoping some of you will share your recipes (hint, hint, Laura... on that awesome dinner apple pie!) Or pie stories from childhood. Or maybe even some pie poems.

For the occasion, I got the book on...

pie!

In Pie: 300 Tried-and-True Recipes for Delicious Homemade Pie, Ken Haedrich says...

Pie, in a word, is my passion. Since as far back as I can remember, watching my mom and dad make their apple pies together every fall as a young boy, I have simply loved pie. I can't really explain why. If one loves poetry, or growing orchids, or walking along the beach at sunset, the why isn't all that important. To me, pie is poetry that makes the world a better place.

Now, I've got to go figure out which pie I'm going to make! See you Tuesday at the Twitter Pie Party. And here with your yummy link.


Pie Book photo, by L.L. Barkat.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

"I got the book on pie..."
now that just sounds like the chorus to a song.
I keep refreshing for THC/HCB's new site, I feel slightly like a blog stalker.
{holding my breath. Crossing my fingers.}

Can't wait for the pie party...I'll bring the ice cream.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Cheryl Smith said...

My family went to the apple orchard while I was in Texas. Maybe a few of those apples will make it into a pie for next week. If not, there's always Sara Lee, or the Fort Hill bakery.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Oh, my. Visions of Sweeney Todd and all that.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Duane Scott said...

im there! U should have your social media guy set up an event on facebook so we all get reminders!

10:02 AM  
Blogger JennyRain said...

Yay! What is the hashtag so we can all join in the conversation?

10:25 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

You all make me smile! (Duane, I believe we are going to take your way-cool advice :)

The hashtag will be #goodwork

11:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That looks like a serious pie book. I'll share mine if you share yours! I'll be there for the bulk of the party, I hope--will miss a bit for the tucking in and all that, but hope to sample most of the pies at the table. Fun times ahead!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Laura, I'm excited about the new blog, but I can't seem to get it to come up on my Google Reader the way it shows from your post. It looks completely different. Has the new blog been officially posted?
I'm sure I must be doing something wrong :-)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous heather said...

Can I tell you how happy it makes me that I'm not the first one to think of Sweeney Todd--the best musical in the world?

I've always loved pie, but since venturing into making my own crusts lately, I've fallen in love with making pie.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the party as I have a margarita night with some girlfriends (minus the tequila for me these days). Have fun!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Cheryl Smith said...

I'll be at the party tonight. Not sure if I'll have real pumpkin pie, apple crisp or virtual pie (calories and all that).

I didn't write a pie post, but just submitted a link about cobbler instead. Nancy's Easy Peach Cobbler Nearly Brought Me to Tears.

See you tonight!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Cheryl Smith said...

I'll be at the party tonight. Not sure if I'll have real pumpkin pie, apple crisp or virtual pie (calories and all that).

I didn't write a pie post, but just submitted a link about cobbler instead. Nancy's Easy Peach Cobbler Nearly Brought Me to Tears.

See you tonight!

1:44 PM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

I am only a few days late, but I have a good reason (and a poem).

Blessings.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home