Monday, June 13, 2011

On, In, and Around Mondays: Red on the Farm

teapot tree

I went back. How could I stay away, when Sparkle strawberries were calling, and the teapot tree.

red teapot leaning

strawberries

Also, I am on a hunt for red, because, Claire sent me looking. And I was sure there must be red at Linsay's place. There was.

impatiens

flags

farm machine


I can see I will need to write things down before I go, because I am utterly distracted when I'm at the farm. This time I got lost in talk about Jemima the duck, as I was trying to remember to buy sugar snap peas. I went home without the peas. But I bought duck eggs, which apparently have more protein and something or other. For my part, I kept thinking about Beatrix Potter's duck in her little blue bonnet, and this disrupted my ability to memorize nutritional profiles.

I did get greens that were so Linsay. Graced with rose petals, marigolds, clover flowers.

greens w flowers

Now I know I will be back here each week, wondering what will turn up next. The raw honey I drizzled into my mint water would almost be enough. The sweetness of Linsay's vision, and her whimsy, makes me promise my Friday afternoons.

stuga

water mint jug


---

On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button




This post is also shared with Laura Boggess, for...



Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

wahh! I want to come! Will you please ask Lindsey if she has a cousin in WV or something? Better yet, maybe I'll drive up to see you and we can spend a Friday afternoon at Lindsey's together. :). That sounds sweet. I find I am missing my friend.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

The "Teapot Tree" is calling me. I can hear it whistling, "I'm ready". What a great place to unwind.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Bethe77 said...

I want to go to that farm. Looks like so much fun!
Thank you so much for sharing.
I need to post my playdate though I dont thnk anything could match the farm fun!
Blessings

1:35 PM  
Blogger Reflections said...

Such wonderfully fun places to visit, kind of tranquil... lovely post.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

A teapot tree and maroon metal rounds with circular wires...wondering what could be found in the everyday if I have eyes to see?

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Kathleen@so much to say said...

I know just how you feel about having to write things down before you go. :) Waiting for the sitter so I can head out for some quiet time, some hopefully-the-Spirit-will-show-me-a-way-out-of-my-writing-dilemma time.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anna said...

This looks like a delicious place. I'd love some mint water with honey right about now.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

Wow -- what an amazingly charming place! Thank you for sharing it here.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

My pastor's wife has been described as one who has an overdeveloped sense of whimsy. She's just the kind of person who would enjoy having a teapot tree.

10:18 PM  
Blogger S. Etole said...

a teapot tree ... what a whimsical idea!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool shots.
i really like the first one of the tea pot tree by the fence...and the last one of the mint and lemon water.

10:56 PM  
Blogger annell4 said...

I wanted to post my blue poem. I don't know it this is right?


The Color Bue

The trail I follow with my eyes
Is a trail upon which my
Feet will never walk
The trail leads deep and far away
The trail is the color blue
The color of the distance
The color of far horizons
The color of longing
The color of your eyes
When you look into mine

If I walked that trail
As I approached the destination
The color blue would disappear
Up close all would change
No longer that lovely shade of blue
Shade of longing
Shade of you
The distance must be kept
The sacred space
Allowed to be
Like the golden fish
Flashing in water
Removed
Becomes dull no longer shines

It is not a trail to travel
Only to be known
To visit in the imagination
Still lovely
Still blue
Color of longing
Color of you

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun! Reminds me of a place we used to go to in New Hampshire (when I lived in the Boston area) called "Pickety Place". It was a mammoth herb garden, 5-course restaurant, and even Little Red Riding Hood's house (apparently the same house was used as the model illustration in the original). http://www.pickityplace.com/
You would LOVE this place!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

can I go too please?

x

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Diana Trautwein said...

This is just lovely - to look at, to read and to wish-I-was-there, wandering and wondering with you. Thank you.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle DeRusha said...

I am quite intrigued by that teapot tree.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Joelle said...

Love this! Shall go thank my farmer friends and their ducks for bringing such beauty and nutrition into my life, reminded by your delightful sketch of a particular place of all there is to be grateful for--garlic scapes, purple carrots with a hint of sweet dirt, shallots, new potatoes and anticipation of tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes.

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home