Friday, June 03, 2011

Taking Back the Morning

Lamb's Ear in Monring

I found this fun prompt via Maureen Doallas. It was supposed to involve a post-it note. Mine involved a morning.

Reading all these God in the Yard posts, I've been jealous of my own past experience, thus the mornings. Sitting on the back porch at 5:30 am, watching the sun come and touch all the things I've left unmown. Buttercups and field grass. And the Lamb's Ear watching from the garden.

Anyway, my mornings have been bringing back questions, and poetry. Thus, the answer (the questions) to the prompt...


Existential

How can I
how can you
how can we?
Maybe the answer
lies in poetry.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

So pleased you were/are inspired.

The poetry party last night was fun. Good stuff!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Glynn said...

Lamb's ear
doesn't watch
from my garden.
Lamb's ear thinks
it's a relative
of kudzu,
in my garden.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Juggling things
high and low
wonder what
I'll catch
in my hand
today.
Which is first?
Which is last?
Where to start?
Kneel and pray.

That's fun! Thanks for sharing this.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

I sure hope so...

11:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly Sauer said...

I love. That you're sitting again. That you're writing again.

I can feel
your smile and
I am smiling.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home