Monday, February 06, 2012

On, In, and Around Mondays: Delivering Happiness

twin seedpods

A sense of control, plus...

A sense of progress, plus...

Connectedness, plus...

Meaning...

Equals: happiness.

Could it be that simple?

Last night it was. The girls and I decided (control) to watch Merlin together. They've been wanting me to see all the episodes. It's like our little secret. A life of story we are building together (meaning).

We pulled the curtains closed. Shut out the night (progress).

We pulled each other close on the couch, where my Littlest leaned into me (connectedness).

The music, the visions of knights and ladies, a cup of life lost, a kingdom overtaken. Together, we watched. It was nothing fancy. It didn't cost us anything but time and decision.

What would it take to deliver just a little happiness like this each day? Can it be that hard?

_______

On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button




This post is also shared with Laura Boggess, for...



Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger David Rupert said...

Because of your prompt, Today I will find one person to give a little joy to. And I'll report back.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I am feeling the connectedness. And thinking of knights and ladies too. Maybe a bit of imagination makes it all the more special? The secret? Beauty is a mysterious thing. Sometimes.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Lisa notes... said...

I've been building story with my daughter in watching the Harry Potter movies together. She had seen them all, but I'm a newbie. As I would read one book, we'd then watch the corresponding movie together. She couldn't wait for me to finish each one so we could talk about it. She's 17; these days are limited.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Joe Pote said...

What a beautiful evening with your daughters!

Thanks for sharing!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Simply Darlene said...

did you bump hands
in a popcorn
bowl
too?


blessings.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Blue Cotton Memory said...

Oh, how I like this! How I like this so much! There's a book called Ethics from over 100 years ago that we have been pulling together to read (well, the boys grudgingly pull together ) - but it is one of those times you talk about!!!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

Can it be that easy?

12:59 PM  
Anonymous kingfisher said...

It's good that we can sometimes make our own memories and a bond of happiness. My link this time isn't about a happy subject, but it's one I think we need to be aware of. And I hope the images I chose to go with it will bring a sort of happiness.

Thank you for your faithfulness in posting each week. May God's love find your family, in surprising ways, this week and always.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Dolly@ Soul Stops said...

Oh...the connectedness ...what a wonderful gift :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Shaunie @ Up the Sunbeam said...

We're big fans of Merlin around here too! A wonderful one to connect over!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Susan DiMickele said...

You know, sometimes it is this simple. And I love those moments because they are so rare. Most of those moments these days are also with my daughters (and with my son until he told me last week I'm no longer "cool")

Must check out Merlin. I don't know what I'm missing.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Ms. Kathleen said...

I enjoyed that series... Getting cozy and watching together... Sounds so nice to me. I often watch things alone. Have a great day!

11:38 AM  
Blogger kolembo said...

oh, super. It feels so warm. Cat stretch. The older we get however, the harfer it is to get there. We worry. Bills, life direction. Responsibilities. I remember that my father only smiled when we were young. When we got older, he had nothing but work. He retired less than two years after retirement.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got up, made something to eat, read the word, read some news, did my best to listen to various perspectives, and I found myself teetering. I think I'm still there. Sometimes, in our desire to make an impact, we degrade our very spirits. Where I am: on a see saw in the middle between serenity and chaos.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home