Monday, July 30, 2012

On, In, and Around Mondays: Possibility in the Unexpected

Candy Here

This weekend, I was so pleased to do a post about WordCandy. And I had another cool one planned for this morning, here at Seedlings in Stone.

But then we discovered the disappearing-candy issue. Which will not be a chronic problem, but is a problem in search of a rapid solution. Off we go.

On Friday, I was without Internet and electricity all day long. It led to some interesting outcomes, including me doing some writing I hadn't expected to do and making a red bean salad we all decided is a new favorite. (Working without opening the fridge drove me to canned beans and our herb garden).

After fixing my disappearing-candy issue (picture below) on my blog this weekend, I woke this morning to find it had disappeared again. At first I could only see a sad and mostly empty box and the need to go in search of replacement candy.

Candy disappeared



Ah.

But then I read my post again, which said simply this:

"Easiest blog post I've done in a while. This just says it. For dreams, for my creative life, for business." 

And suddenly the humor and the depth of that big white box with its blue question mark overtook me. Where there was no red bean salad, so to speak, just moments before, now there was something to make me smile and think hard.

Maybe the white box with the little blue question mark had more to say than I expected it would—for my dreams, my creative life, for business.

______

On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button



This post is also shared with Laura Boggess, for...



13 Comments:

Anonymous Monica Sharman said...

Love, love, love this. And your alertness (because none but the rare one would have even noticed).

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Trying to get my arms around that big blue question mark here myself!

Thank you. Thank you for this insight (even if it is opportunity's spawn) and thank you for your hard work on wordcandy.me and other stuff too.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa notes... said...

Losing electricity almost always brings me unexpected rewards, too. Wouldn't want to live without it for long, but for brief moments, it's a blessing.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

The wordcandy in those two EDayPoems tweets has been eaten, too. That imp has quite the sweet tooth, and probably lots of cavities.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Isn't it amazing how God uses those roadblocks or empty boxes to redirect us to bigger and better things. Great post!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous kingfisher said...

So glad that your streak of creativity is huge enough to make use of delays, obstacles and missing pieces to arrive at new possibilities.

kingfisher's latest post
http://kingfishercrossing.blogspot.com/2012/07/hunger-and-thirst-for-his-righteousness.html

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Camp said...

That wide space of white beauty -- all open and full of possibilities, in the listening and waiting, makes me smile. Thank you. Such a blessing for me today.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

Ahhhhh. White space.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Joe Pote said...

Hah! I love it! :-)

Thank you, for looking deeply enough to see a useful message of possibilities in a missing graphic.

Blessings!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Laurie Collett said...

Thanks for the great post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless,
laurie

2:44 PM  
Blogger Dolly @Soulstops said...

Oh, yes, learning to embrace the mystery...and what God leads us to in the interim...Blessings, Laura :)

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Dolly@Soulstops said...

love the mystery, and the ?

Thank you, Laura :)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Megan Willome said...

Yeah, I had the same problem. Alas, it did not lead me to create a red bean salad.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home