Monday, July 20, 2009

Taken to Colorado

Stone Crossings by Jen

There are places I've always wanted to visit. Colorado is one of them. The mountains, the wild places, the clear air. In a way, I finally made it...

Thanks, Jennifer for taking me to Colorado.

To let me know I'd been taken, Jennifer left this sweet note in my comment box...

Lovely, L.L.

A bit of you went to Colorado with me last week... I took a photo of my "tent and altar," which includes your book, and posted it on my blog. Thanks for your ministry here and also in Stone Crossings. The questions at the end of the book have prompted me to dig deep.


I read that and was encouraged enough. Then I read the comments on Jennifer's post. Lo and behold, another gift awaited me in HER comment box. This, from A Simple Country Girl...

I first went into that tent one night, standing near the dim light of the stove top. I was just going in for a glimpse. I ended up there for hours. Planned tent-time with a proper light or some time snatched in the night, both will be rewarded with His rest. Her book snags you in, but is woven with The Book that sets you free.

[sigh of author contentment]


Stone Crossings photo by Jennifer.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Way cool. Come visit me when I'm home sometime (I grew up in CO). Blessings!

3:56 PM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

Miss L.L.,

We keep bumping into each other. Guess that is what happens when the tent door is flappin' and you invite travelers in to rest a spell... ;-)

Blessing.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Guess I know where my next camping trip is planned : )

Ecited about that!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

You're a lovely traveling companion.

Will we travel again together?

Looking forward to more from L.L. in the future, to add to my tent and altar.

Until that time when new words are put to print, I will come here -- to this peaceful tent on my computer screen.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sweet

4:17 PM  
Blogger Laurie A. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

l.l. ... if you ever do come to colorado you must let me know. there is a place at my table for you. we can sit and listen to the mountains recite poems .....

7:25 PM  
Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Love reading this reward...Moments like these make me believe that we are in this journey together. No one is left behind. We must stick together. Sharing love and truth!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Ann Kroeker said...

The comment is a work of art, as is your book. I wish I wrote with your skill and depth...

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home