Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks, Unsolicited

Sara's Fall Abstract

The pile was getting too high. Messy.

It was time to sort.

So I sat in silence and began. This-goes-here, that-goes-there.

In the middle of the pile, I found it. Simple brushstrokes. Raw line and color. Her painting asked nothing of me. I simply held it in my hands and looked. And looked.

This is my Thanksgiving, I thought. And in that moment, I did not feel the need to explain why. So I shall not, now, try.


Fall Abstract, by Sara, 12. Used with permission.

____

Come share your Thanksgiving reflection or tradition at HighCallingBlogs. Just drop your link in our comment box...

thanksgiving celebration

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful words of being given thanksgiving in the living.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Glynn said...

It's a reminder to be thankful for the children God's entrusted us with. Love the artwork.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Maureen said...

Our children really are our best gifts.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Lyla Lindquist said...

Were only my lines so simple, yet so full.

12:50 PM  
Blogger S. Etole said...

Simply wonderful and full of grace.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

To find such a gift in my piles...

7:59 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Thankful for so many things that simply go beyond words - those precious, priceless things.

9:07 PM  
Blogger kirsten said...

Simple and lovely. I am thankful, too.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Way cool.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Something about it , truly.
And the Happiest of Thanksgiving to you and your family.
love,
deb

10:30 AM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

That would make a lovely book cover...

;-)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home