Friday, June 18, 2010

An Accidental Post While Watering the Garden

The Eggplant and Me

I gave myself permission not to write again for a while. Then I went and watered the garden. The eggplants were particularly wilted. I thought about the eggplants. I considered writing. I decided to just think about the eggplants.

Then I came inside and had a glass of water and started reading Julia Cameron, and I decided maybe I will give myself permission to write a post on Monday— one that I start here and structure with a click-over to HighCallingBlogs. The noon spot. Or maybe the 4 o'clock. I am trying not to scare myself back to the eggplants.

Anyway, if I do the post, it will be called something like "Finding Your Voice on Twitter." Or maybe I will just water the garden again.


Framing the Eggplant, a "Mr. Bill" style photo for PhotoPlay.

AN ON-PURPOSE POST:
Erica's Win a Photo, a CD, or Gift Card & Help Bring Them Home

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sauer said...

cleverly framed. ;-)

4:46 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

a sweet vignette. good luck with the words and the wilting plants.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a writer, so your mind is always writing . . . whether there is a keyboard or pen involved or not. I like that you have given yourself permission NOT to write though. Just the expectation is freeing.

I read your "Bottled" to some friends the other night after dinner, not revealing the title until I was finished. I love that poem, love the emotion of it. I am slowly making my way through God in the Yard, too. There are posts coming!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

"Cleverly framed" !

Indeed!

And my books were shipped today!

Yippeee!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

It really is hard not to turn everything into written words. I'm sorry about the poor eggplant. I'm glad you will be writing.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh I like that...and giving yourself permission to not write. I need to do that more often.
Happy Weekend.
J.
ps loving the book.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Permission not to write.." Maybe that alone gives you more freedom to get back to it?

But it's always good to be good to yourself, whether it's in gardening, the writing, or taking a break!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love it! Funny, my post is shaping up to be more about voice too. Must be in the framing...

8:45 PM  
Blogger S. Etole said...

A thumbs up for your image ...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sandra Heska King said...

"I decided to just think about eggplants."

Now I can't stop thinking about eggplants . . .

Love the pix!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Glynn said...

Maybe you can write a post and water the garden. They're not mutually exclusive. :)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

as long as the eggplants don't get too much of you. we will start getting jealous unless you share yourself.

i like the fingers that tend frame ; )

6:38 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Creative framework! So grateful for your accidental post.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Janis Van Keuren said...

Love the natural frame. Rings of tenderness for the eggplant. Keep writing, too, while you care for those wilting eggplants!

Blessings,
Janis

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home