Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Currant Lemon-Thyme Journey Begins

Lemon thyme and petunias

I said I would send a book. Tomorrow it will be on its way.

Why not name the book's journey? That seemed fitting.

So I considered... what is growing in my yard now? Currants, lemon-thyme, buttercups and sage. Ah, The Currant Lemon-Thyme Journey. A little fancy, but why not?

currants

Lemon Thyme

I arrange herbs, leaves, flowers on top of wax paper, fold it over, tuck it in— after I sign a page to the first person on the journey. The book will move on, but the little bits of my yard can be kept, a memory of words and affection passing through.

Herb Gifts

signing

Tucked In

I hope that each person along these travels will not only sign the book but also send a keepsake to the next reader. Something simple from her yard.

Wrapped

And so, the journey begins.


Garden and book photos, by L.L. Barkat.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I think it a lovely idea. I missed the first post, but I'm caught up now. You have such a precious heart. Your book will have an amazing journey and will bless in so many ways.
I am still savoring your book of poems. Then I must go back and get "Seedlings in Stone" and then...

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh what a wonderful idea. I can't wait!!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope has a good journey :-)

9:41 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Lovely.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Overby said...

Tussie mussie love

10:47 PM  
Blogger ELK said...

this is magical .. such a journey indeed!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

wow -- what a beautiful heart-filled book journey!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle DeRusha said...

This is a very neat idea.

7:52 AM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

what a blessing to treasure...indeed.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Exciting! May God bless the journey of this book to each and every heart.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I LOVE this idea!

Brilliant, L.L....

Graceful, beautiful, memorable....

Perfect.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Joelle said...

Oh. Oh. Oh. It's here. And I am so touched to be a teensy-weensy part of it. Hugest congratulations, friend LL.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home