Friday, August 13, 2010

Surprise in the Tea Pot

tea pilgrimage

I opened my email the other day, only to find this delightful encouragement from A Simple Country Girl: the photo above and this sweet message...

Two days after I read your tea pilgrimage post, I was taking some photos early one morning while the light danced on the kitchen table. I was snapping pictures of a basil in a green creamer. Then I added the tea pot and honey jar, sans the basil. Look what I saw! A wonderful cross reflected on the teapot. I couldn't see it with any of the other stoneware, just the tea pot. Immediately I thought of you. So, here you go miss L.L., something for your new yearlong journey.

Thank you, Simple Country Girl. Indeed, I felt inspired, so my girls and I placed our first splurge order tonight... a green Earl Grey, a passionfruit mango red, and a lychee blossom green. We were oohing and aahing and we can't wait to taste the new teas and write about our experience.

Teapot and Crockery photo by A Simple Country Girl. Used with permission.

MORE TEA STUFF:
LL at Curator with The Art of Drinking Tea

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

Oh the image looks good with your black background. I am glad you like it!

We also have a tea obsession here. One drawer is filled with at least 30 varieties...

Blessings.

12:08 AM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

Okay, I am back. I just read your piece at Curator. It was entirely wonderful. Entirely.

Blessings.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

Delightful surprise! Jesus, tea, and thee.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

What a lovely gift -- and a beautiful photo!

10:19 AM  
Blogger CM said...

What a great shot. Such simple pleasures, ordering your fav teas! How inspiring, I think I may just have to go pick some up myself!

1:36 PM  
Blogger S. Etole said...

Sounds like a treat all the way around ...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you know, you've just given me an idea
my daughter, who just returned to U. is a tea drinker.
and I used to be.
maybe this is something we can do together/apart

thank you .

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home