Monday, September 19, 2011

On, In, and Around Mondays: Marketing to Your Sister

sherlock holmes

I am remembering an afternoon when my Littlest wanted her sister's attention.

She chit chatted, poked, whirled. Nothing worked.

So she stole away and found a Shel Silverstein poetry book. Then, she looked up an excerpt of Sherlock Holmes on the Internet and translated it into Italian (goodness only knows why! :) Then she printed the translation and carefully trimmed it, so the size would fit nicely into Mr. Silverstein's pages.

"Look," she held the book under Sara's nose.

Now this was something that warranted a glance. A book!

Sara opened Shel, and Sonia helped her flip to the Italian Sherlock Holmes tucked within.

"That is so cool," Sara said, when she realized what Sonia had done. After all, Sara loves Holmes, even, I guess, if he's speaking Italian.

I sat on my bed and chuckled. Now that, I thought, is how you market to your sister.

____

Do you have an amusing event, or some simple thoughts on laughter? It needn't be laugh-out-loud funny. We would be happy to have you share a chuckle. Check out our Laughter Writing Project, at The High Calling.
________

On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button




This post is also shared with Laura Boggess, for...



Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

I so love these stories of your daughters. You remind me of when my girls were young and how they showed me the wonder in everything.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Always Learning said...

I am linking up from my iPad and can't link back on it but I will later when I have access to my computer!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Shanda said...

That's one smart little girl!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

Questo è delizioso! Le vostre ragazze sono sorprendenti.

(This is delightful! Your girls are amazing!)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I get so excited when I think of all the possibilities for your daughters. They are amazing (and I think that might have something to do with their mother) and one day will (or perhaps they are already?) leave beautiful fingerprints all over our world.

12:35 PM  
Blogger a joyful noise said...

Your little one is wise beyond her years! She knew how to catch her big sisters attention! And she has her merchandising mind she got from you!!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 4 daughters all are different and each loving Jesus. It is amazing how they all want the attention of their sisters all at once. You should hear them when they come to visit. Lots of chatter and lots of love.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Brandee Shafer said...

I love the creativity of the littlest! :)

8:16 PM  
Anonymous kingfisher said...

May God bless you today, and give you peace.

"Through the tender mercy of God, whereby the dayspring from on high has visited us, to give light to those who sit in darkness, and in the shadow of death, and to guide our feet into the ways of peace." Luke 1: 78-79

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for adding this to the laughter submissions, LL!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, the perfect marketing plan. "Give her what she loves." You do that with the books you write, so perfectly.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home