Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Because My Walls Can't Take it Anymore

Mountains Mug Top

I love beautiful art. I love Emily Wierenga.

It seemed natural to find ways to bring Emily's beautiful art into my home, without finding more wall space (which I do not have, at all).

This is the result...

The Emily Collection

So.

My girls each got a journal for Valentine's Day. "I can put my designs in this!" Sonia exclaimed. Sara kept turning hers in the light, "I love the colors. So brilliant."

(I forgot to choose "lined paper" when I ordered, so these are probably destined to be art and poetry journals!)

Hollyhocks Journal

Hope Blooms Journal


Me? I got a beautiful bag for the myriads of library books I carry each week. I was pleased that the bag turned out to be heavy in construction. And I get to carry Emily with me (instead of some of the less-than-attractive bags I've inherited from conferences)...

Hope Blooms Bag


Best of all, I am drinking my favorites now with Emily. When I showed this to Sara, she said, "Amazing. Just amazing. It's so beautiful!" And I like the way the cup shines...

Mountains Mug Self Portrait

I wonder who said that art has to be on the walls. I'm happy to be holding mine (Emily's) now.

___

How about you? Check out The Emily Collection

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Monica Sharman said...

Certainly not just for walls. If she were here in this room with me, I'd ask her to create something on the back of my hand.

4:55 PM  
Blogger David Rupert said...

Now that is clever. How about an Emily vehicle shrink wrap?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Megan Willome said...

I love the way you are honoring Emily & her art.

7:01 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

That is wonderful. I think sharing art with children is so great.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Simply Darlene said...

I've been to the TS store via Emily's site, but I have to say that your images here, in real life photographs, make the products more appealing.

Way more better. (that last bit sounded like a 1st grader, but hey, it's the truth!)

And each time we hold or see or read another person's art, it's always a grand time to hold them close in prayer.

Blessings.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice journals...

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to get art into the hands of people, to allow them to touch it. And then to be touched.

Like cupping hands together and scooping up some of Emily's spirit. Refreshing and good.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home