Friday, November 26, 2010

For the Ghost of Christmas Past

Light Against Church Wall

Write about a ghost of Christmas, he said. This was as close as I got, but I am perfectly happy with it...

The Promise

Send me your questions.
I will be your abbey,
full with apple trees,
rosemary, wattle fence
and quince.
Choose a plum.
I will answer your desire,
feed it to you sugared,
let my thumb touch
the cloisters
of your neck
and chin.

For Random Acts of Poetry, hosted at Dave's place (along with a giveaway) and Tweetspeak.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

And you should be ... perfectly happy with it!

What extraordinary images you've made of "your abbey" and "let my thumb touch/ the cloisters / of your neck/ and chin".

3:48 PM  
Blogger MAXIDUS said...

promise?!?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Overby said...

youza, where's my fan?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

Lol -- Kathleen!

Hot stuff Laura.

And beautiful images -- love the 'cloisters of your neck and chin'.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm having visions of sugar plums ~

11:06 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Well, I think it would make Dickens proud. A very lovely offering, and doesn't frighten me in the least!

12:17 PM  
Blogger David K Wheeler said...

"Send me your questions. / I will be your abbey" is a fantastic way to begin, and sugar plums are always a nice touch. Thanks, Laura.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Helena Malheur said...

"Choose a plum" love that! what a beautiful write - love the imagery and language. I enjoyed it so much, I read it a few times. Thanks for sharing.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home