Monday, October 16, 2006

Refrigerator Dreams

In the night, I dreamed of this…

refrigerator in a dark place… crack of light… oh, it’s been left it open… spoilage? … but no…still cold inside… verge of spoilage…

culprit for the threat… juice cartons on their sides, many many… shove here and there… push the door… crack of light… can’t fit … crush, push, try again… crack of light…

freezer… two empty spaces… transfer cartons… shut… seal… shut fridge… gone, crack of light… relief and not relief


Sometimes we need to put things aside for a time, or a lifetime… tasks, loves, dreams. It is just a function of our finiteness, and the need to preserve certain sweetnesses in life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Absolutely. Nothing will be fulfilled totally until heaven.

9:50 AM  
Blogger CyberCelt said...

Happy C&C Monday. We need to let everything go, stress, worry, money problems, car problems, job worries, health care ... oh no, I am listing things again. I am going to the fridge NOW.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The thing is, I don't like letting things go. God, can you work on things while I hold on and then make them come out how I want them to come out? Thanks. Appreciate it.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think wisdom is knowing what to put aside and when.

And I think only Jesus can provide that kind of wisdom through his word and his spirit.

Wisdom also means knowing when to pick back up again. For me, today is a day of returning to the shelf, picking up some things, and moving forward.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home