Saturday, May 01, 2010

Julia Cameron Meets ProBlogger

Deer

Julia told me I should just write, even if I didn't feel like it.

I didn't feel like it.

She said I should write about something I was feeling emotional over. I can't say I felt emotional over ProBlogger. I didn't. But then, Julia was also saying that if we just write, we might warm up to our subject.

I warmed up.

First I set down the title "31 Days to Build a Better Blog." Because that's a project I am going to do.

Mostly.

If I feel like it.

But no, Julia says it has nothing to do with whether or not I feel like it. I can just write.

So I wrote my first of thirty-one 31-Day posts to show Julia I could follow directions. Maybe because Julia was writing about her horses in that chapter, I got on a Bambi theme myself. Okay, Bambi is not a horse. But he IS a cartoon mammal, and that seems somewhat related.

Anyhow, Julia Cameron met ProBlogger and together they inspired this baby button (and, if Bambi is compliant, 31 days of posts to better blogging)...

31 Days to Better Blogging





  • RELATED:
    ProBlogger's Day 1: Write an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
    Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog project (begins Monday, May 3... or, if you're like me... Saturday, May 1 :)
    LL's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog: Bambi in the Database
    HighCallingBlogs Invite the Muse to Tea
    Glynn's The Poetry that Surrounds Us
    Nancy's Mood Altering
    nAncY's thoughts and dreams
    Monica's The Sincerity of Pretense
    Lyla's Getting My Foot in the Iron Door
    Cassandra's Word Play
    Melo's Day Two on Day One
    Marilyn's Chasing Down Blind Alleys

    Deer on Safari, photo by John B. Used with permission.

    Labels: , , , ,

  • 6 Comments:

    Blogger Laura said...

    Multi-tasking is something you are very good at. Or is it called multi-posting? I don't know but it's cool the way you marry these two concepts. I even went over to read about the elevator pitch.

    It's got me thinking...

    6:55 PM  
    Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

    I keep clicking through and clicking with the amazing ideas and thoughts and photos and comments and nuggets of wonder you share and I get all abuzz with excitement and....

    Thanks! You are truly amazing.

    11:30 AM  
    Blogger Dianna Woolley said...

    I agree with Julia and Nike and a recent statement from my life coach - "just write" - "just do it" - "just decide".

    Such power we have locked inside of us and why are we so surprised when we unlock it occasionally?:)

    xo

    10:20 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh LL... the things you get me involved in!! ;)

    11:21 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I didn't know where to leave this note for you, so I just picked right here! I miss you, though I have been thinking about you, talking about you, and buying your book of poems finally!

    I started attending an IAM Readers' Guild here in Indianapolis, where I met two men who had met you at the IAM Encounter in February (or was it March?). I felt close to you and honored to say I know you. And then, because I hadn't done it yet, I went home and added your book to my Amazon shopping cart. Now I am looking forward to welcoming it (and you) into my life.

    Hope you are well and looking forward to tapping away at you here!

    6:30 PM  
    Blogger MOLLYC said...

    I am so glad you visited my blog so that I could find yours! I need to spend more time here! Hope to get to know you better! molly

    10:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home