Monday, June 21, 2010

Finding Your Writing Voice on Twitter

tree veiled

"Are you ready for that?"

Kathleen and I were reading Neruda beneath the redwoods. We talked about his exile. I was startled when Kathleen lowered her voice, looked steadily into my eyes and asked the question.

"Are you ready for that?"

It seemed unreal. Should I, as a writer and poet, ever expect actual exile? Was that was she meant?

continue reading at HighCallingBlogs...


Veil in the Tree photo, by L.L. Barkat.


RELATED:

Cassandra's Dailiness
Nancy's Stuck
Glynn's Voice, Get Over It
Charity's The Sound My Heart Makes: Finding My Voice

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger S. Etole said...

Your writing always touches me and I am honored that you would choose to use one of my photos. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous kingfisher said...

The Bible tells us we must be ready to give up our lives for his sake. Hard saying!

There has to be a balance between our using our own passion to find our creative voice, and allowing God to shape our creativity according to his own designs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were called to suffer for his kingdom, perhaps in ways we can't even envision.

Twitter could easily turn into a very unsafe place -- so much public, not enough privacy safeguards. I'm glad it's "your thing" at this time, but for me it's not a safe place at all.
In fact, the only really safe place I feel for the writing that unfolds my deepest needs and personhood, is "thought" words offered to God, that don't ever make it to paper or computer.

However, seeing as how you're deeply into poetry, my last 2 blogs express some of my recent ponderings, if you care to check them out.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home