Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ignorance is Bliss?


We went to Stone Barns this past weekend. My kids went to see their favorite rabbits. They have named the rabbits Fluffy and Newspaper.

I wondered if Fluffy and Newspaper would rather be called something like Sophia and Charles. I wondered if the names my kids have picked out for them fit with their bunny aspirations. If the rabbits knew about the whole Fluffy and Newspaper thing, would they be insulted, or inspired?

Anyway, I wonder, too, if I should be like Fluffy and Newspaper... When my book finally comes out, should I bother to read the reviews? Should I bother to see what labels people attach, for good or for worse? I'm beginning to think that ignorance might be bliss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Asha said...

That is awfully cute.. to give names like that to rabbits. Sheesh, I'm beginning to miss my bunnies now.. they're gone. Sounds like you've got adorable kids.

Thanks for the compliment but you have to explore further.. my pictures aren't as fantastic as you think it is.. but thank you anyways.

Nice blog you have here and the pictures are looking good as well. :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Yeah. I like it when reviews help me see something valuable that otherwise I would not. But I dislike it when they see something as a flop or bad, that I do not. So, if I had to choose, I'd say, I won't go there. But at least one gets a pulse on what people are thinking. Even if you scratch your head afterwards.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home