Friday, September 04, 2009

Angel Blue Apple

Linda & apple tree

One word. That's what we were asked to work with. In 60 seconds or less. Me, I added another dimension. One piece of art. So here's my poem, based on the word "apple." And as you can see, the apples in this collage are blue...

"The Picking"

Who knew the apple
would turn

blue. It was just
blushing towards

red when I said to
myself,

ah this is for you,
my angel.


Linda and the Apple Tree collage, by Gail Nadeau. Used with permission.

Next week's prompt: try doodling a poem. Which is just to say, put down random words and phrases while you listen to a sermon, lecture, dinner-table chatter, whatever. See if you can frame these random thoughts into a basic poem. Post your offering by Thursday, September 10, and drop your link in my comment box.

***PLEASE DON'T BE SHY about dropping your link here. These days, I can't keep up with visiting all of you in a timely manner and I could miss your offering if you don't give me your link. Thanks. :)

POETRY FRIDAY:
High Calling Blogs When Writing, Apples are Optional
Claire’s You Are Creation
nAncY’s space
Glynn’s Summer Light
Ed G’s Eyes of My Heart
Marcus's 60 Seconds About a Dead Gerbil
Monica's Cage
Norman's Worship Interrupted

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blue, i like the idea of blue apples.
i like the colours in your words and in the collage as well.

i just really dug this post.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Monica @Know-Love-Obey God said...

My "doodle" RAP here:
http://mybigthree.highcallingblogs.com/2009/09/07/listening

And funny that you got "grass" for the 60-second word. I did a poem involving grass but it was not from the oneword.com site:
http://mybigthree.highcallingblogs.com/2009/09/06/spinning

8:10 PM  
Blogger Glynn said...

My contribution to the poem doodling: http://faithfictionfriends.blogspot.com/2009/09/circuit-race.html

11:23 PM  
Blogger SimplyDarlene said...

This week's prompt resulted in these two written in white at this site:

http://aspiretoleadaquietlife.blogspot.com/2009/09/his-webs.html

I have another, but the scrap of paper seems to have run off with the pen.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Lorrie said...

I like the pace of your poem... quick, like the twirl of a wrist when picking an apple :-) Good one!

Blessings!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Megan Willome said...

Thanks, L.L. Your prompt came along with the garbage truck. Here's the result:

TRASH DAY
The puppies
(the speckled one my daughter picked and the
black one that picked my son)
race to the back fence
to bark at the garbage truck monster.
Mechanical arms lift the trash can,
knocking the wild honeysuckle that
threatens our sweet pink crepe myrtle.
Blooms scatter in the alley.
The dogs watch and bark
until all is still.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Megan Willome said...

Aack! I didn't mean to post it twice.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Love your Blue Apple!
I wrote my poem on Hair.
It's posted. Fast, furious, and written in under a minute. LOL!
I can tell. :)

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home