How to Quadruple Your Blog Traffic in a Single Day
Bradley wanted to know.
Did it work?
Yup, Bradley, it worked. By writing a List Post, I quadrupled my blog traffic in a single day.
Okay, maybe it's not that simple. Maybe it's really because...
1. I included the Dalai Lama in that post.
2. These famous people were included: Melissa, ProBlogger, Shel Israel, Seth Godin, Brian Clark, Glynn Young, Maureen Doallas, Dan King, Katdish, Billy Coffey, and Marcus Goodyear.
3. I included a major Current Event: Super Saver Triumphs at Kentucky Derby.
4. Dan King, Master of All Things Twitter and Facebook, tweeted and Facebooked the post.
5. Not only did Dan King tweet the post, but these really cool people of obvious good taste did too: @dukeslee, @nathalie101, @salamicat, @doallas, @billycoffey, @SandraHeskaKing, @gyoung9751, and @katdish.
6. The headline was a bit unusual: 31 Days to Build a Better Blog: The Dalai Lama Effect.
7. The post is part of a group project. (Note, there are lots of great group writing project opportunities at HighCallingBlogs all the time. From poetry and photography celebrations to book clubs and holiday special projects.)
8. It was just meant to be. :)
All that said, Bradley, do you think Julia Cameron would be offended if I write everything in lists now? Because I'm thinking it is my ticket to Blog Big Time.
UPDATE (THANKS FOR REMINDING ME, BRADLEY)
I meant to say the same thing Bradley just said in the comments. One day of big traffic does not a difference make! Ah, but if we can convert those random visitors into followers, well. ;-) Anyway, Bradley, you must stop by Green Inventions on Friday, when I will reveal the subtle secret of how to accomplish this extremely important undercover task.
Goblets Multiplied Photo, by L.L. Barkat.