Monday, August 22, 2011

On, In, and Around Mondays: Rumors • Sneak Peek

sonia beach

If you'd like to see a sneak peek of Rumors of Water: Thoughts on Creativity and Writing, and the final cover (photo by Claire Burge and floral designs by my little girl Sonia), stop by this quiet place.

And thank you to everyone who shared thoughts and support, from the beginning of the whole writing process, right on through the discussions of the cover. I appreciate your love.


_____


On, In and Around Mondays (which partly means you can post any day and still add a link) is an invitation to write from where you are. Tell us what is on, in, around (over, under, near, by...) you. Feel free to write any which way... compose a tight poem or just ramble for a few paragraphs. But we should feel a sense of place. Would you like to try? Write something 'in place' and add your link below.

If you could kindly link back here when you post, it will create a central meeting place. :)

On In Around button




This post is also shared with Laura Boggess, for...



Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Karen Kyle Ericson said...

It's beautiful. I looked at your link. Your daughter has great talent like her Mom. Congratulations! Maybe one day I will write a book. I'm very happy for you.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

That was a tantalizing little "sip" L.L. I really can't wait to get my hands on this book. You never disappoint - your creativity is beautiful!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I need this.

Thank you.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that beginning, I'm anticipating reading the rest of the story :) .
Lovely artwork ...

Blessings,
Catherine

12:19 PM  
Anonymous JoDee Luna said...

I'm excited to read your book because your insights, style, and honesty not only pull me into your world but also help me to see mine through a different lens.

If I could do those parenting years over again, I would add consistent writing to the artistic world I created for my two children.

The richness of what you share, as one who is passing through this phase, will greatly impact women but especially speak to the heart of those who balance both worlds of creativity and parenting.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I must admit...I couldn't resist peeking! It looks so beautiful and that little snippet is so rich! Looking forward to holding my own copy soon.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle DeRusha said...

I am heading over for a peek now. Can I just say how excited I am to read this book?!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Michelle DeRusha said...

Just back to say those floral designs by Sonia are incredible! And I am hooked by the first chapter...this mom of unruly boys, trying to eek out space to write and raise. Love the first (small) chapter!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Louise Gallagher said...

it is beautiful, and the link is enticing -- I'll be buying the book!!!

I've been there. Continue to be there. continue to not be there. It is, like water, a constant flowing outward to the sea and into the sea.

And Sara's drawings are lovely.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Shanda said...

Love the cover and am going over to check out the book!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Shanda said...

Love your writing style and the title. Just that little big makes me want to buy the book. Congratulations on finishing!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Simply Darlene said...

So, if the water was just rumored, did you drink lemonade instead? ;-)

Love all of it and I'm excited for when I get to hold it in my grubby little paws.

Blessings.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Sandra Heska King said...

Mr. Linky doesn't seem to like me today.

http://sandraheskaking.com/2011/08/god-moments-with-g-ma-and-grace-the-soo-locks/

Can't wait for this.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Deidra said...

Yep. It's beautiful.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Monica Sharman said...

Thanks so much for the peek. That was llllllllovely....
Can't wait to get my hands on it.

11:56 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Congratulations on a beautiful new book!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home