Monday, September 11, 2006

Professional Prayer

In our study, we keep the ironing board. My spouse likes to use a spray bottle when ironing, instead of iron steam.

The bottle says, "Professional Sprayer" on it. Except I never noticed this before. So when I walked into the study the other day and saw the bottle turned just slightly, this is what I saw... "Professional Prayer."

Oh, that's precious, I thought. I laughed out loud.

Isn't that just our view of prayer sometimes? We get very professional at it... here a spray, there a spray... simple, quick... get the wrinkles out...distilled water... nothing like the blood-drenched sweat of struggle in Gethsemane.

I don't know. This is just a budding, amateur thought on the matter.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then there are the seasons when I walk around for days with lots of wrinkles, in such need of a little (s)praying. It often seems I am either praying "professionally" or not at all. Afraid of the blood stains of the Gethsamene Prayer.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Thanks for the food for thought. You have an excellent point there. Blessings!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing your budding, amateur thoughts. I was just driving in this morning praying and then thinking, "Man, I really suck at this!" I know that it is Satan trying to get me to stop, but it made me think and hope that that means I'm just laying out what's really on my heart versus trying to be "professional" about it.

2:21 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Charity & KM...

...so, it is good that the Spirit prays for us... and rather "unprofessionally" too... "with sighs too deep for words." (Rom 8:26)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Yes! We do. This isn't praying but...The other day, I was busy reading my King James Bible, when my daughter walked in the kitchen. I stopped, looked up at her and said, "Maddy, what did thou doest?"

My husband looked over and we both started laughing!

Thou blogeth well dear woman, continue on...

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home