Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Snow in September


Some people need a few of these to get the effect my brain seems to get naturally.

This morning, it was snow in September and the sun rising in the West.

Admittedly, I was a bit groggy, and I was peering through an ivory lace curtain. But, sure as sugar, there was my neighbor's porch, with a substantial layer of snow. And, beyond that, in the West, was the muted fire of the morning sun.

Believe it or not, I actually raised the curtain to confirm my little vision. But the snow melted into green and the sky to an afterthought of peach. It was not nearly as impressive as snow in September. Which, is okay. I don't have snow tires yet anyway.

See, my brain does all this, without substance assistance. Too bad I can't market this imagination of mine.

"Martinis" painting, by Stefani M. Rossi Used with permission.

1 Comments:

Blogger jan@theviewfromher said...

what an incredible picture you paint with your words. That is a remarkable talent, and it makes for a wonderful blog!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home