Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Story of Love

I could add words to this, but I hope someone else might venture to. For, my soul feels a little tired, like the breathlessly thin paper that is peeling away around the heart of this purply onion.

Rossi tells me there's another layer here, too. She wrote Luke 7 behind the painting, which is the story of the woman anointing Christ's feet. Love... never a prospect that is pristine.

"The Story of Love" painting, by Stefani M. Rossi Used with permission.


Blogger Laurie's Poet Tree said...

"Chop enough onions to feed 500 people French onion soup." That was my first task in the retreat center kitchen where I learned to cook. Despite soaking the bulbous things in cold water, despite gripping extinguished matches between my teeth, nonstop weeping persisted: I bathed my own feet. It was good preparation for being a writer, a reminder that something nourishing eventually comes of all the cutting and tears. Thanks, L.L., and Stefani, for the timely reminder.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Thank you so much. I checked out the website. That is something that I hate more than anything. When I hear about children being sexually abused and exploited. It really causes me to be so anry yet feel so useless. I can donate much money, but these kids need so much more.

8:07 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Ah, yes... referring to your post today? Glad you checked out the site, for some guidance on practical responses...

8:14 PM  
Blogger Ted Gossard said...

I like these kind of pictures that make you think and imagine. That kind of evoke something worthwhile, or at least set you up for that. Thanks.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home