Monday, September 25, 2006

Wishing

I just received a copy of Wishing on Dandelions, from my writer friend Mary E. DeMuth. That is the cool thing about being friends with a writer. Sometimes you get free books. Ah, free books... what could be more pleasant, except maybe retreating to a tropical island with a lot of mango drinks.

Now this has got me wishing... for more time to read, for sun and mango drinks, for the time when my own book will finally be finished and I can send free copies to my friends (and to a few people who just like free books and like to talk about books).

I understand that these are not earth-shaking, world-changing wishes, though I have a few of those, too. Anyhow, it makes me wonder...what you are wishing today?



Wishing on Dandelions

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Your wishes sound nice. (Oh, and yes, put me on that list for your free book!)

Today, and always, I am wishing (but most importantly, praying)for a move closer to family and out of the suburbs. *smile*

10:30 AM  
Blogger Anne Mateer said...

I just got my copy today, too! I was so excited! But even more exciting was getting to spend the past four days with my friend Mary. Alas, she leaves me today, but it has been fun--and I, too, am wishing for some reading time right now!

4:31 PM  
Blogger blank said...

I'm terribly sorry. All this time you've been reading my blog and I didn't think to check out yours. It's phenomenal by the way, and I would love to discuss literature with you. If it's not to much trouble I would like you to check out my poetry blog at verselurks.blogspot.com. Thanks

8:36 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh - it is cool to get some books from authors you actually know - very cool indeed.

I have a couple of wishes: laying by the beach and reading a book and maybe writing a devotional book - but I call those more dreams than wishes :)...
Blessings on your day.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like free books. And I like to talk about books. Hint, hint.

I am reading Wishing right now.

11:35 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

I shall put you on my secret list. :) Or, I guess that should be Secret list, since the title (if it stays) is Secrets in Stone: finding grace in hard & hidden places.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm always happy to talk about books on my blog, too. So if you have an empty slot on your "Secret list," I'd love to fill it! The book sounds great.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home