Thursday, December 31, 2009

January Only: InsideOut for $6.03

InsideOut Snowy Day

I will always remember the days when my mom worked retail. Besides Black Friday, the January Sale days were her busiest. While some cashiers got stressed and grouchy, mom smiled her way through the tough moments, making customers want to come back again and again.

It's been a while since those crazy long-line retail days. But the expectation for a January Sale stays with me. I'm thinking if Mom was here, she'd smile you right over to the counter, where you could do what her customers used to do...

Buy next year's Christmas gift, cheap, and tuck it away. Get ready for Valentine's Day. Or simply pick up the one thing nobody knew you wanted (maybe even you, until you saw the temporary price... $6.03).

For me, this feels a little crazy, but it's what I want (and IAM is feeling adventurous with me). So Merry Christmas. Or Happy New Year. Or whatever kind of merry-happy you'd like this to be.


InsideOut on New Year's Eve, photo by L.L. Barkat.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger kirsten said...

Very cool!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. :o)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Corinne Cunningham said...

Just placed an order :) Thank you!

2:14 PM  
Blogger RissaRoo said...

Placed mine just now! I'm so excited, this is the second book I've purchased this month (and, as it happens, this year) just for me. The first, by the way, I purchased for myself for Christmas...it was Seedlings in Stone, which came Monday and which I read in two days and am now re-reading. Merry Christmas/New Year to me!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger ELK said...

so
happy
about this!
...
elk

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good deal!
way to go.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Bina said...

Ordered! Woo Hoo! :)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Bina said...

I appreciate your New Year's gift...and I am so looking forward to reading it. Your writing always ignites my mind and soul so I can't wait for mail to come!

Much Love,
Really....Bina

8:03 PM  
Blogger Dianna Woolley said...

So for a little present of my own, I purchased "Stone Crossings" and "Inside Out" for free shipping arrival after Christmas. They arrived this week and they are truly gifts for me - thank you!

xoxo

1:15 PM  
Blogger Joelle said...

Too late. For Christmas my dad gave me a gift cert at Amazon and yours was the first book I ordered!!!!! Can't wait for it to arrive! Hugest congratulations....

5:06 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Well, I already have mine, but if you autograph it for me, I might order another! I carry mine with me to grab a bit of beauty wherever I have a spare sec. It really is making waiting much more bearable.

I thank you for that.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this gift LL. It was on my wishlist but it did not quite make it under the tree so I plan to gift myself and a friend but I cannot proceed to billing or checkout because the billing form requires a zip code. Ireland does not use any codes. If I enter 0000 in as a mock code it says that it does not match my country. If I leave it blank, it also records an error.

Please help if you can?

Hoping to read your beautiful words real soon.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Amber@theRunaMuck said...

I can't wait for that little package in the mail.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're the best.
and I will order one for myself, and one to gift .
Happy New Year beginnings L.L.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Monica Sharman said...

Did I already say thanks for this? Thanks for this!
Thanks!
Did I say that already?

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home