Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 7: Hey, Have I Met You?

red table wine, by nAncY

He won the prize for most unusual meeting circumstances.

It wasn't that we were both employed by a Texas non-profit group, that he lived in Pennsylvania and just happened to be coming to New York, and that we managed to have breakfast together at the Algonquin. That would have been enough, really. But Bradley is a high achiever in the best sense of the phrase.

So I shouldn't have been surprised when I learned he'd been to my house. Almost 30 years ago.

Okay, so go meet Bradley J. Moore. He'll wow you with great management advice and a humorous, down-to-earth take on life and spirituality. Heck, maybe you'll even find out he used to be your back yard neighbor.

If you're interested in communications and marketing savvy, there's always Joan P. Ball, author of the upcoming Flirting with Faith: My Spiritual Journey from Atheism to a Faith-Filled Life She wins a prize too, for living near me and actually agreeing to come to my house for scones and tea. Go figure. We met at Jesus Creed, and it turns out she's practically my back yard neighbor? (She knows Bradley too... um, okay guys...)

While we're talking prizes, I simply must mention the articulate, thought-provoking journalist Christine A. Scheller. Wouldn't you award a prize to someone who drove six hours to meet you for the first time, after connecting with you in the blogosphere? (I flew to California, so I guess she figured she'd reciprocate with a six-hour road trip to meet me at my destination. Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference.) Christine and her husband recently decided to move back East. And in September she hosted me at her home in New Jersey!

Merry Christmas, you three. Thanks for meeting me. Literally.


Christmas Badge

THE 12 DAYS:
1. Mary's Advent
2. Laura in the Moss
3. Social Media Guys
4. Snow-White Butterfly Tree
5. Butterflies and Parties
6. Let Me Not Forget
7. Hey, Have I Met You? (this post)



Red Table Wine illustration from card by nAncY, maker of Sineann wines.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger RissaRoo said...

Wow! That's pretty amazing. It would be fun to meet in real life, beyond the electronic crossings of words and emails. It's a blessing to know people you'd never have met were it not for the world of blogging...and a double pleasure to meet them again in person!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Maureen said...

Such fun these coincidences are! Especially when they involve the likes of Brad, Joan, and Christine.

And, just a note: I like scones a lot, along with piping hot tea (Earl Gray, Lady Gray, Prince of Wales, Mint).

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Bradley J. Moore said...

LL - Why thank you, for such a nice Blog introduction!! Yes, our chance re-connection will go down as one of the most bizarre/ twilight-zone moments of our histories, I'm sure. Especially after reading your book, reading ABOUT your step-mom, then connecting the dots... "Wait a minute -- that was YOU?"

And God chuckled.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that story of you guys meeting after all these years just freaks me out man!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Ted M. Gossard said...

Nice. And it was nice to meet you in GR with my wife when you attended the writer's gathering at Calvin College.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Thanks for all of those wonderful links. I sent the first one to my
oldest son who needs something like that for his Accounting job!!
You never know who needs what as you write on a blog and then the winds of the Spirit bring someone there to find it! Bless you. Also just read that the CS Lewis Foundation is buying Northfield Mount Hermon campuses in Mass. to start CS Lewis College in 2012. Then I saw the link to Mount Hermon for your writing conference, but different state!
THAT looks excellent. Great speakers...I've heard Denis Haack several times. Wish I lived closer.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home