Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Reading with Brooke Campbell

LL and Brooke

What are you doing on January 29, 2010? If you like poetry and folk/blues/jazz, maybe you'd like to join us in New York City, from 7-9 pm at the IAM Space, 38 West 39th Street, 3rd Floor. No worries if you can't come in person. It's going to be live-streamed. (I hear Kelly might even bring her baby, in the comfort of her own home!).

And hey, you could tweet about it if you want, using the hashtag #LLBrooke (then I could see what kind of party you had during the party. :) Let me know ahead of time if you have any requests, and I'll see what I can do.

Okay, you know me, but who's Brooke Campbell? Here's a blurb from her promo stuff...

Brooke Campbell is a unique and charismatic singer and songwriter. Her original music is a skillful blend of acoustic/folk, pop, and bluegrass. Brooke's soulful songs are smart and poetic, and masterfully merge raw melodies with perfect wordcrafting and keen intelligence.

She was signed to the Arch Music Group in 2000 and has toured extensively as a solo artist. Always willing to damn convention for the sake of creativity, “Brooke is one of those rare talents who manage to outrun the trends and force the rest of the world to keep up”. For more, go to Brooke Campbell.


If you plan to come to NYC, please RSVP to rsvp@internationalartsmovement.org. The space holds about 60 people maximum.

Photo montage: LL Barkat, excerpt of InsideOut poem 'In Your Dream', and Brooke Campbell. By L.L. Barkat.

RELATED:
HighCallingBlogs She Sings the Truth About Life and Love: an Interview with Brooke Campbell

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Maureen said...

I had hoped to come up to NYC but now I'm going to have to content myself with live stream in home. Looking forward to hearing you read and Brooke play.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it would be nice to hear you read.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

This isn't something I can attend, but it sounds exciting!

Re the memory work - Ann says we can memorize whatever we want - including poetry. So join us!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Isn't this what I said? I need to hear your read your poems. Livestream, Baby. Another date on the calendar. In ink.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Bina said...

Ugh...wish that Cali was a bit closer to you, but it sounds like a great time!!

Muuuwah!
Bina

PS - I sent in my info at HCB :) Here's hoping!

1:16 AM  
Blogger kirsten said...

I love how technology affords us the opportunities to connect and be present (in a way) for such events. Amazing!!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous terri said...

It sounds wonderful wish I could be there!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Glynn said...

For the RAP: http://faithfictionfriends.blogspot.com/2010/01/alligators-swamp-jungle-ball.html :)

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Maureen said...

For RAP Friday: "Promise-Dreaming", composed of my tweets during the jam.

http://writingwithoutpaper.blogspot.com/2010/01/promise-dreaming-poem.html

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home